For help with assessing your eligibility and exploring your options for Temporary Immigration to Canada. Please send us an Email: 

Visitor Visas

All applicants wishing to visit Canada must satisfy a Canadian Immigration Officer that they will leave Canada by the end of their authorized period of stay.

They must also satisfy an immigration officer that that they will not contravene the conditions of their admission such as that they will not study or work without authorization. Furthermore, they must satisfy that they are not inadmissible to Canada under IRPA.

Typically, a visitor visa is approved by CIC for the remaining length of the passport (i.e. if an applicant has 8 years left on their passport they could if approved get a multiple entry Canadian visitor visa for 8 years, with entries of up to 6 months at a time excluding any extensions sought).

If a single-entry visitor visa is granted then there are specific conditions attached by Citizenship & Immigration Canada (CIC).

Not everyone who applies for a multiple entry visa is issued one. Applications are examined on a case-by-case basis and must take into consideration the assessed risk of the individual applying.

The documents requested by CIC vary depending on a case by case basis for both parties.

Study Permits

CIC acknowledges the numerous benefits that international students bring to Canada. This includes the contributions they make to Canada’s cultural and social landscapes, and not to mention the contributions made to Canada’s economy.

The Canadian federal, provincial & territorial governments have agreed to work closely together to ensure that Canada remains a top destination for international students.

Student Direct Stream (SDS)
The SDS was announced on June 8th 2018 and lets students from India, China, Vietnam and the Philippines have a faster and quicker processing of their study permit as long as they meet the requirements of the SDS. If you are not a legal resident of the approved countries, then you can't apply through the SDS. As you will need to apply via the regular study permit route. Additionally if you wish to apply via the SDS then you must meet the following but not limited to requirements:

  • Successfully obtain admission to a Designated Learning Institute or DLI

  • Pay the 1st year tuition fee in full

  • Purchase a $10,000 GIC or Guaranteed Investment Certificate from a Canadian Bank. Currently Scotia Bank, ICICI Bank & SBI Canada Bank are the only participating ones.

  • Obtain a IELTS score of 6.0 overall with no individual band lower than 6.0

  • Submit the other documents (e.g. passport copy) and IMM forms as needed by IRCC


Its good to keep in mind that applying via the SDS doesn't guarantee success in obtaining a study permit for Canada.

Contact Vistara Immigration Consultants Inc. if you are interested in applying for a Canadian Study Permit! 

Federal Income Table for 2018

Super Visas

Would you like to bring your parents and/or grandparents to Canada for up to 2 years at a time? Then, a super visa could be just what your after as it’s a temporary resident visa (TRV) that’s available to parents and/or grandparents. Super visas are valid for up to 10 years and allows parents and/or grandparents to stay for up to 2 years at a time without having to renew the visa.

Remember that super visas don't include dependents, which means that only the spouse or common-law partner can accompany him/her.

The table to the left details the minimum necessary income that a child or grandchild must meet to be eligible to sponsor a parent/grandparent super visa.

Contact Vistara Immigration Consultants Inc. if your are interested in a Canadian super visa.

International Experience Canada (IEC)

A IEC allows applicants from certain countries, of up to 35 years of age to work in Canada for a temporary period. This is typically 1 or 2 years.


To be eligible for an IEC a citizen must be a passport holder of one of the 30 countries that have a bilateral youth mobility agreement with Canada.

There are various requirements needed that needed to be met in order to obtain an IEC.

Contact Vistara Immigration Consultants Inc. if you are interested in IEC.