Temporary Immigration.


A visitor visa commonly referred to as a temporary resident visa is an official document that IRCC stamps into a foreign national's passport. It shows that the foreign national meets requirements needed to enter Canada. Most travelers need a visitor visa to travel to Canada.

Most visitors are allowed to stay in Canada for up to 6 months. 

Upon entry, a border services officer(s) may allow a foreign to stay for less or more than 6 months. If so, the officer put the date the foreign national needs to leave Canada in the foreign national's passport.

How long can I stay in Canada?

If no stamp/date is written in your passport, you are allowed to stay for 6 months from the day you entered Canada or until your passport expires, whichever comes first.

Can I apply for an extension while in Canada as a visitor?

A foreign national may be eligible for an extension of their visitor status.​  A visitor record is a status document issued to visa-required or visa-exempt foreign nationals who are seeking to enter or are in Canada. It specifies the conditions and validity period of their temporary stay in Canada. A visitor record may be issued to extend or limit the length of stay of a temporary resident in Canada, specify conditions applicable to the temporary resident during their stay.

Can I apply for a Work Permit after I enter Canada as a visitor?

A foreign national may be eligible to apply for a work permit from within Canada. If your spouse or parents have a valid study or work permit. If you have a work permit for one job but want to apply for a work permit for a different job. If you have a temporary resident permit that is valid for six months or more. If you are in Canada because you have already applied for permanent residence from inside Canada.

Can I submit an International Experience Canada (IEC) profile from within Canada?

Yes, it is possible to submit a profile if you're currently in Canada such as a visitor. This is entirely dependent on the residency requirements for a particular country. Furthermore if approved an applicant can obtain their work permit at a POE after meeting certain requirements such as showing valid medical insurance and sufficient funds.


We are NOT Affiliated with any agents in Canada or Overseas unless officially noted here on our website. Any agent stating that they are an agent of Vistara Immigration Consultants Inc. is UNAUTHORIZED and committing fraud which we are not responsible for in any form.

  • White Facebook Icon
  • White Twitter Icon